WARSAW, Oct. 11, 2014 (AMP) — France 2016 (Qualifiers) : Poland defeated Germany by a score of 2-0 (halftime: 0-0), in a qualifying game for the 2016 UEFA European Championship on Saturday night at the Stadion Narodowy in Warsaw.
45 minutes of play and neither the Poles nor the Germans have managed to pull ahead. 0-0 at half time. Everything was settled in the second period with goals by Milik ('51) and Mila ('88).
The result put the Pole top of Group D with 6 points. Germany is fourth with 3 points. In their next game, Poland will meet third-placed Scotland at the Stadion Narodowy on October 14, while Germany will face Ireland.
Fixtures and Results : Group D
Poland at the Euro
- 2 appearances (first in 2008)
- 15 participations in the qualifications (first in 1960)
Germany at the Euro
- 3 titles (1972, 1980, 1996)
- 11 appearances (first in 1972)
- 13 participations in the qualifications (first in 1968)
- Statistics: Champions (1972, 1980, 1996) Runners-up (1976, 1992, 2008)