MOSCOW, Jul. 15, 2018 (AMP) — Russia 2018 : France claimed a second FIFA World Cup crown with a 4-2 win against Croatia (halftime: 2-1) in the final on Sunday night at the Luzhniki Olympic Stadium in Moscow.
France dominated the first half thanks to goals from Mandžukić ('18 own) and Griezmann ('38 on penalty). Leading 2-1 at the break, the Frenchs further widened their lead in the second period by scoring twice (Pogba '59 and Mbappé '65).
Fixtures and Results : Second stage
France at the World Cup
- 1 title (1998)
- 15 appearances (first in 1930)
- 21 participations in the qualifications (first in 1930)
- Statistics: Champions (1998) Runners-up (2006) Third Place (1958, 1986) Fourth Place (1982)
Croatia at the World Cup
- 5 appearances (first in 1998)
- 6 participations in the qualifications (first in 1998)
- Statistics: Third Place (1998)
- 15 July 2018
Read on to know more on the history and origin of the FIFA World Cup.