COPENHAGEN, Sep. 1, 2017 (AMP) — Russia 2018 (European Qualifiers) : Denmark defeated Poland by a big score of 4-0 (halftime: 2-0), in a qualifying game for the 2018 FIFA World Cup on Friday night at the Parken Stadium in Copenhagen.
Denmark dominated the first half thanks to goals from Delaney ('15) and Cornelius ('42). Leading 2-0 at the break, the Danes further widened their lead in the second period by scoring twice (Jørgensen '59 and Eriksen '80).
The result put the Pole top of Group E with 16 points. Denmark is third with 13 points. In their next game, Poland will meet Kazakhstan at the Parken Stadium on September 4, while Denmark will face Armenia.
Fixtures and Results : Group E
Denmark at the World Cup
- 4 appearances (first in 1986)
- 15 participations in the qualifications (first in 1958)
Poland at the World Cup
- 7 appearances (first in 1938)
- 18 participations in the qualifications (first in 1934)
- Statistics: Third Place (1974, 1982)