Asian Cup 2019 : Qatar beats North Korea 6-0
AL-AIN, Jan. 13, 2019 (AMP) — Emirates 2019 : Qatar defeated North Korea by a big score of 6-0 (halftime: 3-0), in a Asian Cup game on Sunday afternoon at the Khalifa bin Zayed Stadium in Al-Ain.
The result put the Qatari top of Group E with 6 points. North Korea is bottom with no points. In their last game, Qatar will meet second-placed Saudi Arabia at the Khalifa bin Zayed Stadium on January 17, while North Korea will face Lebanon.
Fixtures and Results : Group E
North Korea at the Asian Cup
- 5 appearances (first in 1980)
- 9 participations in the qualifications (first in 1976)
- Statistics: Fourth Place (1980)
Qatar at the Asian Cup
- 10 appearances (first in 1980)
- 12 participations in the qualifications (first in 1976)
- 13 January 2019
Asian Cup History
Read on to know more on the history and origin of the AFC Asian Cup.