HIROSHIMA, Oct. 29, 1992 (AMP) — Japan 1992 : Saudi Arabia tied 1-1 with China (halftime: 1-1), in a Asian Cup group stage game on Thursday afternoon.
The result left both teams on top of Group B with one point. In their next game, China will meet Thailand on October 31, while Saudi Arabia will face Qatar.
Fixtures and Results : Group B
Saudi Arabia at the Asian Cup
- 2 titles (1984, 1988)
- 3 appearances (first in 1984)
- 4 participations in the qualifications (first in 1976)
- Statistics: Champions (1984, 1988)
China at the Asian Cup
- 5 appearances (first in 1976)
- 5 participations in the qualifications (first in 1976)
- Statistics: Runners-up (1984) Third Place (1976) Fourth Place (1988)
- 29 October 1992
Read on to know more on the history and origin of the AFC Asian Cup.