Saudi Arabia beats Thailand to advance to Asian Cup semifinals
ONOMICHI, Nov. 2, 1992 (AMP) — Japan 1992 : Saudi Arabia defeated Thailand by a big score of 4-0 (halftime: 2-0), in a Asian Cup group stage game on Monday afternoon. Saudi Arabia advance to the Semifinals. Thailand is eliminated.
Fixtures and Results : Group B
Saudi Arabia at the Asian Cup
- 2 titles (1984, 1988)
- 3 appearances (first in 1984)
- 4 participations in the qualifications (first in 1976)
- Statistics: Champions (1984, 1988)
Thailand at the Asian Cup
- 2 appearance (1972)
- 8 participations in the qualifications (first in 1964)
- Statistics: Third Place (1972)
- 2 November 1992
Asian Cup History
Read on to know more on the history and origin of the AFC Asian Cup.