HIROSHIMA, Oct. 31, 1992 (AMP) — Japan 1992 : China tied 0-0 with Thailand, in a Asian Cup group stage game on Saturday afternoon.
The result left both teams at the bottom of Group B with 2 points. In their last game, Thailand will meet group leaders Saudi Arabia on November 2, while China will face Qatar.
Fixtures and Results : Group B
China at the Asian Cup
- 5 appearances (first in 1976)
- 5 participations in the qualifications (first in 1976)
- Statistics: Runners-up (1984) Third Place (1976) Fourth Place (1988)
Thailand at the Asian Cup
- 2 appearance (1972)
- 8 participations in the qualifications (first in 1964)
- Statistics: Third Place (1972)
- 31 October 1992
Read on to know more on the history and origin of the AFC Asian Cup.