HIROSHIMA, Oct. 31, 1992 (AMP) — Japan 1992 : Saudi Arabia tied 1-1 with Qatar (halftime: 0-0), in a Asian Cup group stage game on Saturday afternoon.
The result left both teams on top of Group B with 2 points. In their last game, Qatar will meet third-placed China on November 2, while Saudi Arabia will face Thailand.
Fixtures and Results : Group B
Saudi Arabia at the Asian Cup
- 2 titles (1984, 1988)
- 3 appearances (first in 1984)
- 4 participations in the qualifications (first in 1976)
- Statistics: Champions (1984, 1988)
Qatar at the Asian Cup
- 4 appearances (first in 1980)
- 5 participations in the qualifications (first in 1976)
- 31 October 1992
Read on to know more on the history and origin of the AFC Asian Cup.